Thursday, May 7, 2009

Watermelon Feta Salad



When I look back on these dark days (yeah, I'm still sick-not really tasting-sore throat-tired-grumpy) at least I can say "I tried."

There was this crazy sale on watermelon, 59c a pound! I picked some up and it was so good I got another hunk of it before the sale ended. This stuff kicked around in the crisper for a week until I hauled myself into the store for feta. I kept reading about

Watermelon and Feta Cheese Salad

Cut ripe watermelon
Cube/crumble feta
thin sliced red onion
tiny minced jalapeno
olive oil
splash of lemon juice
s&p
DOES NOT KEEP WELL-serve fairly quickly

Some recipes include black olives, mint, even honey.


I served it with sliced, cold (rare) London Broil, horsey sauce (horseradish, Dukes, black pepper) and a torn off hunk of Naan that I wish I had heated first because it tasted much better warm.
Watermelon salad is good- not life changing like I had read, but maybe when I get my taste buds working again, I'll change my mind. Of course I'll let you know.
Now- what to do with the rest of this feta? Hmmm...




No comments:

Blog Archive