Totally addicted to the Smoked Salmon Salad Spring Roll. I am making one tonight and hope to take many, many photos.
The last time these were made was the first time I made them. Tonight I am tired and won't get as nice a turn out, but if I can find the maciva I will illuminate you with my skills, dawg.
My recipe- as submitted to allrecipes.com but they didn't approve it yet... I should polish the editing on it a bit more....
Smoked Salmon Salad Spring Rolls
Submitted by: Stuff Yer Face
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 0 minutes
Ready In: 10 Yields: 4 servings
"Southern Tsunami placed fresh "sushi" makers in the local Publix-they make a cravable Smoked Salmon Salad wrapped in tapioca/rice paper. This is the best we could come up with, it has the exact flavor and it's perfect. I dare you to find this recipe anywhere else on line-it's VERY elusive!"
Rice Paper - Described as Spring Roll or Vietnamese Rice Paper (Use the smallest circle
size available from your favorite Asian market)
Cucumbers - Cut into long, thin strips
Smoked Salmon - Look for bright color in tightly shrink wrapped packages, usually sold by the pound and sliced thin
Prepared Tiger Sauce or Sweet/Hot Chili Sauce
Killer Wasabi Mayo Dressing
1/4 C Mayo
1 T Honey
1 T Dijon Mustard
2-3 T prepared Wasabi
1-2 T Horshradish
Juice of 1 little lime
1. Have all ingredients pre-prepped for best results. You will need to work quickly once you soak the rice paper.
2. Prepare the Killer Wasabi Mayo Dressing by whisking the mayo, mustard, honey, wasabi and horshradish, tasting as you go for heat intensity. Add the lime juice and a few drops of sesame oil for flair. Mix well.
3. Peel cucumber and slice into long, thin strips. Set aside.
4. Cut avocado into long, thin strips. Set aside.
5. Open your package of smoked salmon (lox)
6. Grab a large flat dish or something that has some depth- fill with warmer than warm water.
7. Have a stack of paper towels handy, and working one at a time, soak 1 disk of rice paper then blot on towel. Peel from towel and fill as follows: salmon, cucumber, dressing, avocado.
8. Working quickly, roll into a tube, keeping rice paper stretched tight as you can and not letting the filling ooze from the top or bottom. The rice paper will self-seal as long as you do not over-stuff it. Avoid the tendency to add too much dressing as it will get goopy fast.
9. Slice in half at a jaunty angle, serve with Sweet/Hot Chili Sauce.